Pages

Sunday, 1 December 2013

VIP visit

Today a Very Important Prat Person, the prime minister of this country, visited Milas on his whistle-stop tour of the area.

Mr A was intending to join the crowds but I decided not to.   I can think of better things to do than look at or listen to this dictator who is systematically destroying the democracy created by the great Ataturk.

As it turned out, Mr A did go into Milas, but NOT to see the VIP.   He felt that there could potentially be some trouble, and thought it best to avoid the area. 

However, our dear little Poppy is unwell.  She has been off her food for the past week.  I didn't worry about this unduly as she has always been a bit of a fussy eater, and some days doesn't eat much at all, but she suddenly went downhill  late last night, becoming quite lethargic and struggling a little to get about.   I stayed awake all night watching her to make sure she was OK.

Mr A phoned Mehmet this morning and even though he wasn't working today, he arranged to meet Mr A at his clinic.   He examined her thoroughly but cannot find anything specific.  He gave her a couple of injections, one of which is to help her regain her appetite, but other than that all we can do is to watch her closely and keep her warm.   She was sick in the truck on the way back home, but this actually seemed to wake her up a little bit.

She managed to eat a little cooked chicken this evening, but otherwise she has just slept.  But at least the food has stayed inside her which is promising.   It's awful when they are ill but can't tell you how they feel.  It's a case of having to wait and see.  Fingers crossed.

I asked Mr A if he saw the VIP on his way through.  He had actually been quite excited at the prospect yesterday (the Turks just love to see famous people).  No he hadn't seen him, and wasn't the least bit interested, but irritated at having to get through the crowds and traffic.  He was more anxious about getting Poppy to the vet.   She is our Very Important Person Poppy.

15 comments:

  1. I do hope Poppy is OK in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope she feels better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks KV and BtoB. I'm afraid Poppy isn't better this morning. I'm quite worried about her. I think another visit to the vet today is on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Poppy, will Mehmet do a blood test this time? Fingers crossed she will pull through.XXXF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he will Fleur. She's been on serum for an hour and had anti-nausea injections. She also had an ultrasound and there are no stomach problems, but possibly (not definitely) a liver problem. As she's had serum and injections he will do blood tests tomorrow afternoon.

      Delete
  5. Poor Poppy, poor you - it's awful not knowing what the problem is. Wonder if she knew that there was an evil presence close by? I do hope she's turning the corner and feeling better soon. Hugs, Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so worried about her Annie. I haven't slept for two nights. She's been on the bed next to me and I feel I have to keep checking to make sure she's breathing. I really hope we can get to the bottom of it with the blood tests tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. I am sure blood tests will reveal what is wrong. It is a terrible worry for you. If she won`t eat, try her with baby biscuits soaked in milk, my dogs eat this when off their food. Thinking about you, I know how you feel believe me, I have been through this many times and I know you have too. It is heartbreaking because they look at you for help. F.XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying everything I can Fleur. She's so weak. She's never been particularly strong, always a bit fragile. She had a very bad start to her life for 3 or more years before we found her. Yes it is a terrible worry xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Ayak,

    Hope to hear the VIP Poppy is doing well soon As for the other VIP - well, the less said, as they say.

    Keep well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. She's just returned from the vet. The second visit today. We'll know more tomorrow I hope.

      Delete
  8. Oh dear poor Poppy! I'm very sorry to hear she is ill. What a worry for you. I hope the vet soon get's to the bottom of the problem and that treatment can be found. My thoughts are with you. I know only too well how distressing this is for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacquie. It's something we have to accept isn't it? Particularly with our Turkish rescue dogs. They often come to us with health problems. We can only do our best for them. xxx

      Delete
  9. Best wishes for dear Poppy....she may have picked up a bug, but having a bad start in life makes them so fragile.
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Helen. I wish I could say there was some improvement. Maybe things will be better tomorrow x

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to donate to help my rescue dogs and the strays of our village and local industrial estate, please go to the Paypal button at the top of my sidebar. Thankyou x